How we use your information
Your privacy is important to us.
The purpose of this notice is to inform you about the way in which we (Fun Pots) use information (personal data) about you. This will explain:
- What information we hold about you;
- Why we hold this information;
- Who it may be shared with;
- How you can access a copy of the information;
- What to do if you no longer want use your information.
This information is sometimes known as a Privacy Notice or a Fair Processing Notice and it a legal requirement under data protection legislation that we provide this to you.
Who we are
Fun Pots is the Data Controller for your information and this means that we determine how it will be used. You can contact us by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Fun Pots, 16 Sussex Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 4EA
- Phone: 01444 414234
The Director, Mike Lorusso, acts as data protection lead for Fun Pots and can be contacted at the address above.
How we use information about people
The information about people that we use includes:
- Personal Data, such as your name and contact details
- Sensitive Personal Data (including information about gender and ethnicity)
You will have provided us with your information when:
- You contacted us about our goods or services;
- We supplied you with goods or services;
- You supplied us with goods or services;
- You were employed by us or applied for a temporary or permanent job at Fun Pots.
The purposes that we process your information are:
- To provide you with goods and services;
- To undertake marketing of our goods and services;
- To be able to employ our staff;
- To undertake administration work;
- To be provided with goods and services;
- To comply with laws and regulatory requirements relating to the work that we do.
We have reviewed the way we use your information and we have found that we are allowed to do this as one of the following applies:
- It is necessary as we have a contract in place with you;
- It is necessary for us to do this to meet applicable laws;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
As a registered company Fun Pots has a legitimate interest in processing your data for the following activities:
- To undertake marketing of our goods and services;
- To undertake administration work applicable to the business.
We have undertaken Legitimate Interests Assessments for this activity and are satisfied that it is in the legitimate interests of Fun Pots and our Customers to use information in this way.
We hold information only for as long as we need to use it and then we ensure that is securely destroyed. We will generally not retain any customer or staff information for more than 6 years after our last interaction with you.
Who we share data with
We provide information relating to our Customers to MailChimp, so we can send you emails and about our goods and services.
Information relating to Employees is passed to our Payroll Provider, to ensure that they get paid and that we meet our legal duties as an employer.
Information related to customers, suppliers and employees is also transferred to our ICT Supplier to assist us to run the business and undertake administrative work effectively.
These organisations are Data Processors of your information and Fun Pots ensures that they use it only as instructed by us and in accordance with this notice. Our Data Processors may transfer your data outside of the UK or Europe. Where this is done we ensure that there is adequate protection in place.
Under data protection legislation everyone has rights regarding how their information can be used – please see below for further information.
You have the right to object about the way in which we use your information and to ask us to stop doing this.
Marketing – If you no longer wish to receive emails about our goods and services you can let us know at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting us by email, telephone, or post. We immediately remove your details from our mailing list and you will no longer receive any emails from us.
Customers – If you no longer want us to use your information and we no longer require this to supply you with goods or services or to meet our regulatory or legal duties, we will stop using your data. Please contact the Manager at the details provided.
Suppliers – If you no longer want us to use your information and we no longer require this for you to supply us with goods or services or to meet our regulatory or legal duties, we will stop using your data. Please contact the Manager at the details provided.
Employment Related Information – If we hold your data for employment purposes, and we no longer require this to meet our contractual, regulatory or legal duties, we will stop using your data if you want us to do this. Please contact the Manager at the details provided.
You have the right to erasure and to request that we delete your information and we will do this if we no longer require it for the purpose it was provided (e.g. to supply you with goods or services) or to meet a regulatory or legal duty.
You have the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you by requesting this in writing and we will provide you with a copy of this free or charge and within one calendar month.
You have the right to have your information corrected if it is not accurate. Please let us know if you think the information we hold about you is not correct and we will update this.
If you wish to complain about the way we use your information we would ask that you initially contact us to discuss this.
However you may also wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you have concerns about the way your information has been used and you can find their details at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/